- Initially is is a high or low mark error? - use the markscheme for this.
- Then is it grade A/B/C/D/E error - generic grade criteria are very useful here.
- Is it something lots of people did? - this is when you use the examiners report.
- Finally which AO does it fit in? - the spec is what is needed now.
5 months through the course we are now on the 3rd step in this process... by the end the students should be able to identify if their errors are:
- High or Low marks?
- Which grade band?
- Likely to be a common mistake?
- Which AO therefore what weighting in the exam?